Original Space Invaders Arcade Machine For Sale
This is your chance to own an ORIGINAL Space Invaders machine that has been lovingly restored to its former glory!
PC converted for reliability, we’re offering our Original Space Invaders arcade machine for hire as well as for sale, perfect for retro arcades, parties and venues.
Space Invaders is the godfather of arcade games, designed by Toshiro Nishikado, having been inspired by the likes of War of the Worlds and Star Wars, and released in 1978 by Taito and licensed in the US by Midway.
This arcade classic revolutionised gaming with its gameplay focused around an alien invasion. The player controls a laser cannon and must move it left and right horizontally, firing at the alien army swarm descending downwards from the top of the screen. Sounds easy? Not when the aliens also fire back! With four buildings which to take cover, your quest can be made easier but these structures won’t last and are susceptible to enemy fire and will eventually e destroyed. The player’s goal is to clear the level of the aliens. If you take enemy hits and run out of lives or unsuccessfully stop the aliens from reaching the bottom of the screen, it’s game over. Repetitive but addictive, Space Invaders is one of those games that you can’t help but play “just once more” in a bid to beat the high score or at least that of your friends.
This machine is an original that has been refurbished to its former glory.
- Power: All machines require a standard 13amp socket. The machines should ideally be placed on separate sockets and not multi-plug extension cables.
- Warranty: All machines purchased from Arcade Direct will be covered by the following warranty unless otherwise stated:
- New machines purchased for domestic use – 12 months back to base parts and labour.
- Refurbished machines purchased for domestic use – 3 months back to base parts and labour.
- New machines purchased for commercial use – 6 months back to base parts and labour.
- Refurbished machines purchased for commercial use – 3 months back to base parts and labour.